2015/05/17

Night Pleasures (Dark Hunter #1)

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #2)Night Pleasures Summary:
Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minutes of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, one buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal--in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace

Night Pleasures Review:
I was waiting to read this book for so long, but it's an adult so I didn't want to read it. This books was much better than I thought it would be. I loved how the author turned the normal vampire into such a complex network of beings, mixing it with were-animals and gods from a variety of cultures, it was simply mind-blowing.

This series is after or before the Chronicles of Nick. Since there are a variety of timelines I'm not sure if this is before or after. Nick is 28 and it was funny to see how he was now. Kyrian hasn't changed much but it was nice to get into his head a lot more. We also get to see Amanda, who in Chronicles of Nick was a student where Nick was going as well. That I thought was nice but weird at the same time because she still is pretty young and only a little older than Nick. Ash is in this book as well, and we see a bit of how he runs the Dark-hunters, but it was odd seeing him with Artemis.

Kyrian's past was heartbreaking and you learn why he doesn't like love. In this book you see a much more vulnerable side to him that I liked in him as well, and his relationships with other around him. He is actually pretty close to Talon who was also in Chronicles of Nick. I was happy when him and Julian were finally reunited and we got to see what happened with Julian and Grace's family and Amanda's relationship with them as well. There were a lot more action than in the Chronicles of Nick, and through the whole book, I was waiting for Kyrian to die, since he is always so close to it. This book was really amazing and I was hoping it would be longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment